For over 100 years, Queens Road Baptist Church has been at the heart of community life in Broadstairs. With a long and established tradition of providing both spiritual and social support, the church has been valued by our community.
Established in 1899
Beginning in a small meeting room, in 1899 the work soon developed and expanded, leading to the building of additional facilities in 1907. This building became home for an ever increasing number of worshippers and a variety of activities.
The work of serving the local community, as a thriving fellowship with a social concern, continued throughout the last century.
New Halls added circa 1960
Queen’s Road Baptist Church has continued its link with the local community and in the late 1990’s developed a vision for a community project based in the existing facilities. Since that time until the present we have continually strived to meet some of the needs of a wide range of groups in the town through the GAP Community Project through which we provide a wide range of activities for people of all ages and each week over 1000 people access our facilities.
In recent years, the church began to recognise that its existing facilities were becoming unsuitable for the vision that the church has. We therefore decided to take a radical look at our premises and resources, seeking a way forward.
A new era…
In 2011, we finally opened the doors of our redeveloped building, transformed to cater for the growing needs of our church and community.
This has provided a place that meets all of our needs, both as a worshipping Christian community, and a community of Christian faith wanting to make an impact both locally and globally.
We continue to be a thriving part of this community, sharing the love of Christ through actions and deeds within the town.