SERVICES ON SUNDAY
This week there will be services at 9am and 10.30am. The 10:30am will be streamed on our YouTube channel and the children will be going out to their own separate activities. Sunday Service – YouTube
TEA AND COFFEE TEAM
We need two people needed downstairs to serve tea/coffee in the cafe on the second Sunday each month. We are also looking for people to join the tea/coffee mailing list requesting help when a regular server can’t do their slot. No commitment, just respond if you can. Further details please contact Sue Shepherd 01843588919 or 07526169127.
If you are thinking of starting a vegetable garden this year, jeanne Hammond will have plants at 50p each at the end of April-beginning May. If you would like some, please fill an order form at the front desk. Money received goes to charity. Small pots are needed. There will be an OPEN GARDEN on 21st June.
Easter Cracked – is fast approaching – we are looking for a small team of volunteers to be part of the team welcoming the year 6 children from Upton School and supporting Maggie and Rhodri as they engage the children in the amazing Easter story. Tuesday 28th March – 12-3pm ish – At St Peter’s Baptist Church Wednesday 29th March – 12-3pm ish – At Queens Road Baptist Church Please let church office or Samuel know if can help.
“GIVE UP SOMETHING NICE FOR BEANS AND RICE”
Give up something for Lent to provide school meals for pupils at Crossroads School in Soroti, Uganda. What you choose to give up is entirely up to you… sugar, gaming, chocolate, cake, beer, fizzy drinks, takeaway coffees, TV…the choice is yours! Keep track of what you give up…That glass of wine? Donate £5 to Global Challenge. A cup of takeaway coffee? Donate £3.50. An hour of gaming? Donate £2… you can decide the amount. You can even give up more than one thing. On the Global Challenge website there is a 40 days of Lent tracker to record your progress. Just remember, you are helping to provide school meals for pupils at Crossroads Secondary School in Soroti, where approximately £5 pays for a student’s school meals for a whole month! The easiest way to send cash donations to Global Challenge is by donating to the online Stewardship “Give UP Something Nice for Beans and Rice” fundraising page
(this special page is open NOW for donations up until 30 April 2023.)
OTHER DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- Saturday 4th March – 2pm – Just group. A group for adults with learning disabilities to worship together.
- Monday 6th March – 6.30pm-7.30pm – Prayer in the café area. This will be held every Monday until Easter.
- Thursday 16th March – 6:30pm – Ladies Night, Puddings, Chat & Quiz. Soft Drinks Provided. No charge – donation welcome at the door. Sign-up sheet outside the auditorium.
- Monday 20th March – 6:30pm – GAP 20 YEAR CELEBRATION
- Thursday 30th March – Men’s Group – Rev Stephen Cave Retirement meal at the Racing Greyhound, Ramsgate. Menu and Sign- Up sheet outside the auditorium, limited spaces. Speak to a member of the Men’s group if you are interested.